Changes to bus services in Bicester, Kidlington and Woodstock
Improvements have been made to a number of services as a result of the review, which was undertaken earlier this year
Changes in the Woodstock area
Services 201/203/220/242: ‘Woodstock Wanderer’
- Services revised with extra journeys for Wootton and Glympton.
- New peak hour journeys to Kidlington.
Changes in the Kidlington area
Services 223/224: Kidlington Local Services
- Services revised with new peak hour journeys for Yarnton and Begbroke.
Changes in the Bicester area
Service 37: Bicester-Hethe-Brackley
- Service X88 will be diverted via Stratton Audley, Fringford, Hethe and Cottisford to give an enhanced service six days per week including new peak journeys to Bicester and Oxford.
- Service 37 will operate to a revised timetable and route and Newton Purcell will gain a new shopping service to Bicester.
Service 94/95: Bicester – Blackthorn-Charlton-on-Otmoor-Islip-Oxford
- New Monday to Friday service, plus Saturday service to and from Oxford
Services 22/23: Bicester Town Services
- Current service pattern and frequency generally maintained.
Services 25/25A: Bicester-Heyfords/Chesterton-Kirtlington-Oxford
- Hourly service 25A maintained via Upper Heyford and Kirtlington without the need to change buses.
- Weston-on-the-Green, Chesterton and Wendlebury will have a reduced timetable but following requests there will be a new off-peak service to Woodstock, and to Oxford via change of bus at Kirtlington.
Service 81: Bicester-Somerton – Banbury
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday service between Bicester and Banbury maintained, but service reduced on other days.
Continued financial support
Oxfordshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Transport Implementation, Councillor Rodney Rose said, “I am pleased that we have been able to continue to financially support so many bus services that are vital lifelines to the communities that they serve. Whilst some levels of service have been adjusted to meet low levels of demand there are also many good examples of services being improved following requests from residents.”
“All bus passengers in the Bicester, Kidlington and Woodstock area should check to see if their bus timetable will change from Monday December 14. Affected parish councils will receive updated timetables and we are planning to publish a leaflet showing details of all the revised services.”
Tel: 01865 323 870
Email this service